Monday, April 4, 2016

A canary and a goldfish!

A canary and a goldfish!
(author unknown)

A canary and a goldfish had their allotment together in the same room.

One hot day the master of the house heard the fish complaining of his silent condition, and envying the sweet song of his companion overhead. "Oh, I wish I could sing as sweetly as my friend up there!"

Meanwhile the Canary was eyeing the inhabitant of the globe, "How cool it looks! I wish my lot were there." 

"So then it shall be!" said the master, and forthwith placed the fish in the air — and the bird in the water.

Immediately they saw their folly, and repented of their discontent and grumbling.

The moral of this little fable is this: Let every man be content in the state in which Divine Providence has placed him, and believe that it is what is best fitted for him!

"I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want." Philippians 4:11-12
   ~  ~  ~  ~


No comments: