Friday, May 15, 2015

Behold My Servant



Behold My Servant


By T. Austin-Sparks


Table of Contents



    Chapter 1 - "Behold My Servant" - "Behold, my servant, whom I uphold; my chosen, in whom my soul delighteth: I have put my Spirit upon him; he will bring forth justice to the Gentiles ...read
    Chapter 2 - The True Servant and the Grace of God - "Behold, my servant, whom I uphold; my chosen, in whom my soul delighteth" (Isa. 42:1). In our previous meditation, when we had seen the passing on ...read
    Chapter 3 - The Servant - Reading: Isa. 52:13-15; 53:1-12. "Behold, my servant..." (Isa. 52:13). "Behold, the Lamb of God" (John 1:29). "Behold, the man!" (John 19:5). "Behol ...read
    Chapter 4 - Some Qualifications Basic to Service - Qualifications Not Natural but Spiritual Timothy was a young man - it would seem that he was little more than a boy - when Paul first found him. In ...read
    Chapter 5 - Faith's Persistence. A Factor in the Making of a Servant - Reading: 1 Kings 18:41-44. In this small fragment we have crowded two of the major things in the spiritual life and experience of the people of God ...read
    Chapter 6 - The Servant's Hands - "Moses put of the blood... upon the thumb of their right hand" (Lev. 8:24). "If thy right hand causeth thee to stumble, cut it off" (Matt. 5:30). " ...read
    Chapter 7 - The Testing of Self-Interest in the Servant - Reading: 1 Kings 18:36-40; 19:2-5,9,15-16; Mal. 4:5-6; Matt. 3:1-6; 11:2-14; 14:3. Elijah and John the Baptist are in view in these passages of Scr ...read
    Chapter 8 - The Spirit of the Bondservant - Readings: Matt. 20:25-28; John 13:16; Luke 19:17; Phil. 2:7-8; 2 Tim. 2:20-21. These passages all bear upon the matter of service, and they deal wi ...read
    Chapter 9 - Service and Sovereignty - Reading: Jeremiah 1:1-12 Our meditation is to be on the matter of service and sovereignty, and I think I can best say what is on my heart by dividi ...read
    Chapter 10 - The Servant's Continual Need of Grace - Reading: Luke 9:28-36; Matt. 17:1-9; Mark 14:66-72; 2 Pet. 1:18. One would not put these Scriptures together in this way - for it would seem rather ...read

No comments: